Year Panera Bread Franchise Began: 1981
Franchising Since: 1981
Headquarters: St. Louis, Missouri
Estimated Number of Units: 2,115
Awesome Savory baked breads, soufflés and sweets, as well as a full offering of café fare, including Panini sandwiches, hand-tossed salads, delectable soups and a kids’ menu that ranks among the best.
With its carefully work and known for health food served up fast, combined with warm, comfortable surroundings, Panera Bread has become one of the fastest-growing franchise brands in America
#1. Panera Bread Franchise Opportunities
Panera Bread Franchise Opportunities oversees 1,455 locations nationwide, all franchise-owned and operated, in addition to 17 facilities that bake and deliver fresh dough to the bakery-café locations every day.
Now, 2,000+ stores operate with the same commitment to bring fresh, quality foods made of simple ingredients to its customers.
Panera Bread is an American chain of bakery-café restaurants in the U.S. and Canada offering various soups, salads, sandwiches, and baked goods.
#2. Panera Bread Franchise Cost
How much Panera Bread Franchise Cost Investment Tables:
|Estimated Initial Investment|
|Name of Fee||Low||High|
|Optional Technology Systems||$0||$172,000|
|Supplies & Inventory||$19,000||$25,000|
|Additional Funds – 3 months||$175,000||$245,000|
|ESTIMATED TOTAL (excluding real estate and related costs, and landlord allowances)||$1,117,000||$3,464,000|
|Type of Fee||Amount|
|Royalty||5% of Net Sales.|
|National Advertising Fund||2.6% of Net Sales.|
|Local Advertising Funds||2% of Net Sales.|
|Marketing Advertising Fee||0.4% of Net Sales.|
|Advertising Association||Determined by Advertising Association.|
|Miscellaneous Administrative Fee||To be reasonably determined by the franchisor from time to time.|
|Proprietary Ingredients||For dough, the price is not to exceed 27% of “Retail”; for other Proprietary Ingredients, the price is established by the supplier thereof from time to time.|
|Some Licensed Ingredients||Prices are by approved suppliers from time to time.|
|Other Food Products and Supplies and Distribution Fees||Varies.|
|Quality Control Program||Varies.|
|Interest on Late Payments||2% over prime rate.|
|Fee for Insufficient Funds in bank||Currently $30 (bank fee plus administrative fee).|
|Approve Alternative Suppliers fees||range between $2,500 and $7,500, cost depending on the product and the proposed alternative supplier.|
|Audit||Cost of audit, which is expected to range between $30,000 and $70,000 assuming the franchisee has maintained adequate books and records.|
|Site Selection Costs||Panera’s reasonable expenses, which are expected to range between $1,500 and $4,000.|
|Insurance||Will vary under the circumstances.|
|Maintenance Costs||Will vary under the circumstances.|
|Attorney’s Fees and Other Costs||Will vary under the circumstances.|
|Indemnification||Will vary under the circumstances.|
|Transfer||$7,500 plus cost|
|Renewal||50% of the then-current initial franchise fee.|
|All Optional Panera IS Services||Varies.|
|Panera IS Proprietary Enterprise Software, eLearning and Back of the House PC Hardware and System Training Fees||Will vary under the circumstances.|
|Charting Services (optional)||Not yet determined.|
Related Franchise Ideas:
#3. Panera Bread Franchise for Sale
What are the Panera Bread Franchise for Sale Requirements…
1) Panera Bread requires that potential franchisees meet strict criteria.
2) Candidates must have experience as a multi-unit restaurant owner and recognition as a top restaurant operator.
3) Financial Investments should be fulfilled
4) They must also have the resources and infrastructure to meet the company’s aggressive development schedule, which involves opening at least 15 units in a six-year span.
5) The right person must be wholly committed to the development of the Panera Bread brand and have a passion for fresh bread.
1) Before opening the Panera Bread Bakery-Cafe, the Operating Partner and all Bakery-Cafe managers and bakers who have not previously graduated from the franchisor’s certified training programs must successfully complete the appropriate training program.
2) The Operating Partner must complete both Baking Training and Retail Training,
3) It together consist of both classroom and hands-on training covering all phases of Bakery-Cafe operations
4) Baking Training is a six-week program taught by a baker trainer
5) Retail Training is a seven-week program taught by a general manager. Retail Training consists of both classroom training (one week) and hands-on training (six weeks).
Visit for Panera Bread Franchise Application form: https://www.franchising.com/panerabread/
Visit for more Inquiry: https://www.panerabread.com/